Thursday, May 10, 2007

God’s Will

PM#0005
I John 5:14

Years ago, I was taught that we should not use written prayers. I thank the Lord that he has since showed me that some of the written prayers used in churches are actually taken from God's word. When we use those prayers, which are based on scripture, we are praying using God's word.

The word of God represents God's will. I John 5:14 says "And this is the confidence that we have in Him that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us:” Therefore when using prayers based on scripture, we are praying in accordance with God's will. Knowing this should encourage us to include scripture in our prayers.

Father, we thank you for your encouragement to us to include scripture in our prayers. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.






©2005 Lewis Turner

No comments: