Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Never Connect?

PM#0103


I John 5:14

How many times have you prayed and felt no one was listening? It just seems like you never connect when you pray.

I for one, wanted connect time with my Lord when I pray, but that desire alone was not enough. When I discovered that prayer is about relationships, especially my relationship with God, then I saw results from my prayer. Relationship with God comes from learning God's word, putting God's word into practice. When we do, the Bible says we can have the confidence that God hears us. See I John 5:14.

If you do not feel like you are connecting when you pray, consider this prayer.

Father, help me and teach me to come into a close relationship with you. Help me to obey your word and to trust you as a friend. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

©2006 Lewis Turner

No comments: