Tuesday, May 8, 2012

PM#0493 Blessing


PM#0493
Blessing
Romans 12: 14, Mark 10:16

Many of us when we pray, often pray just for requests like for a need.  However, have you ever considered taking time in prayer to bless someone?

Through out the Bible we find a many encouragements to bless.  A major encouragement to bless is found in Romans 12: 14 which says:  Bless them that persecute you; bless, and curse not.  Jesus gave us the example in Mark 10:16 of blessing children.

Looking back on my own personal experience, the majority prayers that I saw were for ‘problems’ or ‘needs’.  They were needed addressing, but I rarely saw people blessing each other through prayer.  I have now learned that blessing not only benefits others, but the he who blesses will also be blessed.

Why not follow the example of Jesus and encourage others through blessing them. 

Consider this prayer:  ‘Father, help me to learn to bless others as I pray’ In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: