Sunday, June 10, 2012

PM#0498

Lord, what is on Your heart?
John 14:26

When we pray, have you ever thought of how you pray?   To many their answer might be, when I pray, I let the Lord know my needs. 

Now, though that may be a part of prayer, it is not taking time to listen to the Lord.  Prayer is both talking to God and listening to Him.  God wants us to listen to Him.  We hear God through His Word, and what the Holy Spirit brings to mind from His Word.  See John 14:26.  The concept of listening in prayer is part of the relationship we should have with Christ.  Could you imagine having a friendship with someone who never listened to you?

I encourage you to consider using the following prayer to help you start listening to the Lord as part of your prayer life.

Father, please help me to be still, and listen to what is on your heart for me.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: