Tuesday, July 3, 2012

PM#0501 Lord, What is on Your Heart?


PM#0501
Lord, What is on Your Heart?

How often do we just start praying, but the prayer is just requests to the Lord?  Such a prayer may well be needed, but are we allowing enough time to ask the Lord, What is on His Heart?

We are so rushed, so busy, that prayer is often sandwiched in.  It is good that we may stop and pray a brief prayer, but it is sad that time may not allow us to ask the Lord, what is on His Heart and actually listen to Him.

Perhaps we need to slow down as an old poem stated,

Slow me down Lord, I’m a going to fast,
I can’t see by brother when he’s going past.
I miss a lot of good things day by day.
Slow me down Lord, I’m a going to fast.

Think about that poem, and consider this prayer:  ‘Lord, help me to slow down, so I can hear what is on Your Heart.’  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: