Tuesday, February 26, 2013

PM#0528 Do You Encourage or Control? The "I" Factor



PM#0528
Do you encourage or control?
Hebrews 3:13

Is our focus on the “I” factor, or is it on encouraging others? 

So many times the I factor shows up, even though it is disguised. 

The Bible encourages us to build up one another in Heb 3:13, and to look on the affairs of others for the purpose of encouraging them. That is in Philippians 2 vs 4.

So what is difficult about that?  I know all of us have our rationale, but the behind that rationale could be an “I” desire to control.  Sometimes, rationale can make recognition of the “I” desire to control very difficult to recognize.

What can we do?  Through prayer, humble ourselves and ask God to show us “I” issues in our life. 

Consider a prayer like this:  Father, help me recognize when I have an “I” problem.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



Reflection:

What might identify “I” factors in us?

Is it important to submit those “I” factors to Jesus?

No comments: