Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Speech and Your Heart



PM#0477
Matthew 15:18, Psalms 139:23-24, II Chronicles 7:14, Nehemiah 1:6

What expressions do we commonly use?  Many of those expressions show what is in our heart.  The Bible says that out of the heart, man speaks. (Matt 15:18)

New Years is a time to confess those wrong words spoken cleanse our heart, and to let Jesus cleanse our heart.  However, if we hide sin, in hidden places in our heart, he can't cleanse that.  That hiding of sin keeps us speaking wrong.

When you speak without thinking, are you using wrong expressions that actually address a false god, or something related, or down-grade someone?  To keep doing it is like a rut. 

To get out of that rut, we must confess all sin and let Christ work his cleansing in us. Consider this prayer:

Lord, show me what is not right in my heart, even those sins of my fathers which affect me today. Lead me in following your word, and in turning away from those sins by confessing them to you.  Cleanse my heart, Lord.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: