Thursday, January 10, 2008

Forgiveness

Rom 7:19

I know I am forgiven, but why do I feel guilty? Why do I fall back and do wrong things?

Did you know the Apostle Paul also struggled with similar questions? He wrote in Rom 7:19: “For the good that I would do, I do not: but the evil that I do…

The reason for this may be guilt that you feel because something is not forgiven.

However, when we forgive, it allows Christ’s work on Calvary to free us from sin that so easily affects us. Forgiveness should not only be forgiving the other or the offense, it should include forgiving ourselves. Forgiveness is necessary because unforgiveness can block Christ’s help to us.

As we continually to forgive day by day, we will have Christ’s help.

Father, help us to continually forgive, and even forgive ourselves. In Jesus’ Name, amen.




©2007 Lewis Turner

No comments: