Thursday, February 14, 2008

Scriptural Principles of Prayer

PM#0081


John 14:13-14

John 15:7

When you learn that you can trust someone or something, isn’t that important to you?

God’s word can be trusted. When it comes to prayer, we have some promises that tell us that we can trust the Lord. Let’s look at two of them:

  • John 14:13-14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
  • John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

These scriptures are as encouraging as they are powerful. They were written for us to encourage us to trust God.

Father, burn these truths upon our hearts and may they encourage our prayers. In Jesus’ name.





©2006 Lewis Turner

No comments: