Saturday, October 25, 2008

Praying for the Church-Worship

PM#0111

John 12:32

Many of us come to a worship service, but have we ever prayed ahead of time before we get there?

If you are like me, I would have to answer I didn’t pray much for the service ahead of time. I carried a lot of problems with me and was not really able to enter into worship.

Real worship involves giving our love to the Lord, but being preoccupied with problems can block worship. Our prayer for a worship service can open the door for the Lord to help us to be able to focus on Him. Then worship can be a place where God’s love can be released. What happens when God’s love is present? It will draw people to Him, because Christ is lifted up (John 12:32).

Father, may we pray for our church's worship service that we may truly worship you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: