Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Hold Back PS 66:1

PM#0479
PS 66:18, Ps 139:23-24


Do you feel like you are being held back but do not know why? 

Have you desired to obtain a goal like a promotion, but nothing happens?  Most of us have experienced that at one time or another.  Sometimes it seems that our desire never seems to happen.  If that pattern continues, then we should ask the Lord, what is holding us back? 

God says in Ps 66 vs 18 says “If I regard iniquity (or sin) in my heart, The Lord will not hear.”  The Psalmist knew this, and asked the Lord to search his heart; to try him, and know his thoughts; And see if there be any wicked way in him. 

The Psalmist knew the value of letting the Lord show him what needed to be corrected.  Maybe we all should follow that example.

Consider this prayer:  Father I don’t want sin blocking your help.  Search my heart and reveal sin that I need to correct, like David did.  Thank you for your help.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen

No comments: