Monday, August 27, 2012

Past Issues


PM#0509
Ps 139:28-29, I John 1:9, Luke 19:8-11

Have you ever been afraid that something in the past may give you trouble today?  If that thing in your past was something wrong, and was not corrected, then there is a good possibility it could present trouble for you.

The Psalmist knew the problem of past unresolved issues when he wrote in PS 139: 28-29 “Search me, O God, and know my heart… see if there be any wicked way in me.” 

He did not want anything giving trouble.  How do we resolve past issues?  The first is to humble ourselves and confess them. (I John 1:9), then make correction or restitution if possible. See Luke 19:8-11.

In clearing past issues, we need the help of Jesus.

Consider this prayer:  Father, search my heart and show me issues that need to be corrected, and lead me in making things right.  In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: