Thursday, November 5, 2020

PM#0549 A Prayer of My Heart for My Country

PM#0548 

Psalm 66:17-20 (KJV)


17  I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.
18  If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
19  But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
20  Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

 

Many have come before you oh Lord, in humility, seeking you and your righteousness and mercy for this country.  We have searched the scriptures, we want your righteousness over this land.  This nation was founded to honor you, and we seek to return to that vision.

Your word encourages us.  Galatians 6:9 (KJV) says “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”  Ephesians 6:13 (KJV) tells us to “…and having done all, to stand.”

Father, as we come to you, standing for your mercy in our land, may we see your hand at work.  May the works of darkness be exposed.  May your plans for this Nation come forth.  For this, we offer our praise for what you are doing and will do.  Thank you, Holy Father.  Grant us your peace to keep our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7 (KJV)

No comments: