Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dejected?

Ps 42:11
PM#0006

Have you ever felt dejected, down in the dumps, and disturbed? Probably most of us would have to admit we have felt this way.

The Psalmist David went through the same feelings and shared with us his answer. He wrote in Ps 42:11: “Why are thou cast down, O my soul? Why are thou disquited within me? Hope thou in God: For I shall yet praise Him…”

How many times do things seem to go against you at work, or something at home needs costly replacing, or a close relationship has gone sour, or you have experienced a lot of illness? In times like these we need to look to the Lord who is your help and give Him praise for His help, even before we see it. He is right there with you.

Remember, David found a way to praise God even in difficult times.

Consider the following prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I am facing a difficult situation. I need your wisdom and help. I thank you for the help you are bringing to me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

©2005 Lewis Turner

No comments: